The DATASCOPE Technical Writer will be responsible for the documentation of the DATASCOPE WMS software solution. This will include User Guides, System Documentation, Installation Guides, Help Files, Tutorial videos and Functional Specifications. This position would also be responsible for ensuring that the DSU (DATASCOPE University) is kept up to date with all new modules.
Remote (Hardware provided)
Contract – Reports to Chief Software Architect
POSITION DESCRIPTION (Responsibilities)
- User Guides on new and existing software functions.
- Setup, Record interviews with SME’s (Subject Matter Experts). Documents must be reviewed with SME’s once compiled.
- Documentation Template Design in line with the existing DATASCOPE CI specification and best practice.
- Management of the end-to-end documentation of the DATASCOPE solution.
- Construction of both a short term and long-term Project Plan for the documentation with milestones.
- Software Release Notes compilation and management through DevOps and Bravo Notes.
- The Technical Writer will generate content while working independently and collaboratively as part of a team. This position research the software functionality and compiles into easily understood documents.
- Ensure all Fast Track documentation is completed as per the 2022 Business Plan by end Dec 2022.
- Technical Writer experience – 3 Years. The Technical Writer possess exceptional skills in selecting the appropriate medium for the target audience, such as manuals, online videos, and process flows.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in English, specialising in Technical/software documentation.
- Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex topics.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Ability to check all technical material for consistency and accuracy.
- BSc or BA Degree
- SYSPRO ERP Experience beneficial
- WMS (Warehouse Management System) Experience beneficial
- Firm understanding of the systems development life cycle (SDLC)