DO YOU EVEN NEED A BARCODING SYSTEM?
- Is manual-math and spreadsheet management taking too long?
- Are vendors and customers requesting barcodes for their sales and purchasing?
- Are you maintaining extensive maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) inventory?
- Are you struggling to keep accurate records of stock levels, or are they taking too long to reach your bottom line?
- Is your warehouse inventory your inventory and do you need more control over your stock?
- Would the software free record-keeping employees to be more creative and productive elsewhere?
HOW TO USE DATASCOPE WMS SYSPRO BARCODING
Implementing any software into your business is daunting. Warehouse management system (WMS) software is no different, but think about it: complete, efficient inventory control and tracking, available in real-time, with easy-to-access information for you and everyone else that needs it. It’s a whole new way to manage your warehouse:
- Fewer errors from spreadsheet management
- Identification of inventory fast movers and dust magnets
- Invoice status at-a-glance
- No distribution deadline surprises
- Product expiration date red flags
- Special storage instructions
- What’s coming and going, when, where, how…
Your barcoding parameters are based on whatever is most relevant to your operation. The first entries are your inventory items. Information you may want include:
- Inventory amount requirements
- Physical descriptions
- Purchase cost
- Vendor information
…and more. Once set up, you’ll be tagging and coding your inventory in no time.
Every aspect of barcode labeling is managed within the core DATASCOPE WMS software, meaning there is no need for separate barcoding or inventory management software systems. Some of the software’s labeling templates include:
- Carton labels
- Cart/trolley labels
- Customized configurations
- General product labels
- Operator cards/labels for user logins
- Scanner-based carton labels
- Tote labels
- TrackID labels (pallet labels, etc.)
INTEGRATING DATASCOPE WMS WITH SYSPRO
All DATASCOPE WMS modules are integrated with the SYSPRO warehouse structure. This defines relationships between picking areas, storage zones, and bin locations. Here are just a few of the most popular integrated modules you may find useful when combined with SYSPRO barcoding functionality.
1. INBOUND RECEIVING
The Inbound Receiving module for receiving strategies processes incoming transactions. This is where receipts are posted for normal POs (purchase orders) and LCTs (landing cost tracking).
2. PURCHASE ORDERS
This module includes basic PC receipts, Master TrackID receipts, PO PreReceipt, Scanner PO buildup and Scanner PO receipts.
3. WAREHOUSE MOVEMENT
The Warehouse Movements module covers all inventory transactions performed within the warehouse (excluding picking and receiving). Programs include, but are not limited to:
- Inventory Backflushing
- Job Return
- Put Away
- TrackID, and more
Supply Chain Transfer and Goods In-Transit modules manage inter-branch transfers. Simple GIT uses SYSPRO to scan full TrackIDs and move goods to In-Transit, automatically print documentation, and then rescan TrackIDs upon arrival at the warehouse. The full SCT/GIT module releases SCT orders for picking, scans PC-based receipts and allows TrackIDs to be reactivated.
If you’re trying to keep your supply chain competitive, improving its efficiency with SYSPRO barcoding functionality through DATASCOPE is a smart move. Schedule a software demo today to get started.